Give your pup a goody they deserve by making this peanut butter and banana frozen dog treats recipe. It’s easy to make, contains only 3 ingredients (plus a little water!), and contains healthy benefits for your pup. This has become one of my dog’s favorite treats, especially if it’s hot, or they have finished a run with me.
DIY Dog Treat Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you will need to make your pups this yummy snack, and the benefits of each ingredient. Remember, if your dog is not used to these ingredients, you always want to start with small portions. Treats should also only account for around 10% of your dog’s diet. So these ingredients are healthy for your dog, but always in moderation.
- 1 ripe banana
- Bananas are a healthy treat to give your dogs as part of their balanced diet. This fruit provides your dog with great sources of magnesium, potassium, biotin, vitamin B6, and fiber.
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- Peanut butter tends to be a fan favorite around pups! Peanut butter contains protein, healthy fats, and niacin. Niacin can be good for your dog’s digestive tract and provides them energy.
- Make sure you are reading the peanut butter label before giving to your dogs. Some peanut butters contain Xylitol which can be deadly to dogs.
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- Greek yogurt is better for your pup than other types of yogurt. It contains concentrated levels of probiotics, which is healthy for their gut. It can also help dogs who have reoccurring ear or skin infections.
- Make sure you are not buying the flavored or sweetened Greek yogurt. Dogs do not need the added sugar, and the recipe will already have a delicious taste to it that they will love. Of course, do not give Greek yogurt to your pup if they are lactose intolerant.
- 1/2 cup of good ol’ water
In addition to the ingredients, here is what you need to make these frozen peanut butter dog treats.
Silicone Dog Treat Mold
Dog Treat Recipe Instructions
- Add all the ingredients to your blender (bananas, peanut butter, Greek yogurt, and water).
- Mix in blender until there is a smooth consistency.
- Use your spoon to add the mixture to your silicone molds.
- Spoon an even layer over the silicone molds.
- Place in the freezer for 5 hours.
- Give one to your dog and Bone Appetit!
Your dog will love this peanut butter and banana frozen dog treats recipe. Place any leftovers back in the freezer and make sure they are covered.