Dog quotes are near and dear to a dog mom’s heart. These dog quotes, pup phrases, and doggo sayings will make you extra thankful and grateful to be a dog mom. Dog quotes are perfect for your Instagram (or, for your dogs Instagram like I have for mine), any social media status or stories, picture captions, when you are feeling sassy, or a rainy day. The caption for dog love can sometimes be expressed perfectly through quotes.
Use the table of contents below to easily jump to the category, topic, or vibe you want. Share the love of the post for your dog lover friends and family or save these dog quotes for later for instant doses of dog quote medicine.
Dog Love Quotes
- “Dogs are like that, I guess they know how to fix you without ever saying a word.” -Caroline George
- “The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.” -Johnny Depp
- “The capacity for love that makes dogs such rewarding companions has a flipside: They find it difficult to cope without us. Since we humans programmed this vulnerability, it’s our responsibility to ensure that our dogs do not suffer as a result.” -John Bradshaw (Dog Sense)
- “Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he’s owned a dog. A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes.” -Gene Hill
- “If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.” -James Herriot
- “People love dogs. You can never go wrong adding a dog to the story.” Jim Butcher (White Night)
- “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.” -M.K. Clinton
- “Fall in love with a dog, and in many ways you enter a new orbit, a universe that features not just new colors but new rituals, new rules, a new way of experiencing attachment.” -Caroline Knapp
- “Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he’s owned a dog. A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes.” -Gene Hill
- “Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made.” -Roger A. Caras (Author: A Dog Is Listening: The Way Some of Our Closest Friends)
- “If you have never loved a dog a part of your heart has not been opened.”
- “Did you know that there are over three hundred words for love in canine?”-Gabrielle Zevinv (Margarettown author)
- “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. ”-Josh Billings
- “Brinkley is my dog. He loves the streets of New York as much as I do, although he likes to eat bits of pizza and bagels off the sidewalk and I prefer to buy them.” -Tom Hanks
Old Dog Quotes
- “I can’t think of anything that brings me closer to tears than when my old dog – completely exhausted after a hard day in the field – limps away from her nice spot in front of the fire and comes over to where I’m sitting and puts her head in my lap, a paw over my knee, and closes her eyes, and goes back to sleep. I don’t know what I’ve done to deserve that kind of friend.”
- “A good man will take care of his horses and dogs, not only while they are young, but when old and past service.”
- “Old dogs, like old shoes, are comfortable. They might be a little out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well.” -Bennie Wilcox
- “Old dogs care about you, even when you make mistakes.” -Tom T. Hall
- “Old dogs can be a regal sight. Their exuberance settles over the years into a seasoned nobility, their routines become as locked into yours as the quietest and kindest of marriages.” –Gail Caldwell
- “It takes a long time to get this sweet.”
- “Sunsets are loved because they vanish. Flowers are loved because they go. The dogs of the field and the cats of the kitchen are loved because soon they must depart. These are not the sole reasons, but at the heart of morning welcomes and afternoon laughter is the promise of farewell. In the gray muzzle of an old dog, we see goodbye. In the tired face of an old friend we read long journeys beyond returns.” -Ray Bradbury
Dog Loss & Missing Dog Quotes
- “Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog. It merely expands the heart.”
- “A good dog never dies, he always stays, he walks beside you on crisp autumn days when frost is on the fields and winter’s drawing near, his head within our hand in his old way.”
- “Heaven is a place where all the dogs you’ve ever loved come to greet you.” Oliver Gaspirtz
- “Sometimes losing a pet is more painful than losing a human because, in the case of the pet, you were not pretending to love it.” -Amy Sedaris
- “If there is a heaven, it’s certain our animals are to be there. Their lives become so interwoven with our own, it would take more than an archangel to detangle them.” –Pam Brown
- “For those who love dogs, it would be the worst form of a lie to call any place where dogs were banned “Paradise.” Certainly, no loving God would separate people from their canine friends for eternity.” -Stanley Coren
- “The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master.” -Ben Hur Lampman
- “The dog of your boyhood teaches you a great deal about friendship, and love, and death: Old Skip was my brother. They had buried him under our elm tree, they said—yet this wasn’t totally true. For he really lay buried in my heart.” -Willie Morris
- “There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.” -Ben Williams
- “The biggest dog has been a pup.” –Joaquin Miller
- “A puppy is but a dog, plus high spirits, and minus common sense.” –Agnes Repplier
- “No symphony orchestra ever played music like a two-year-old girl laughing with a puppy.” –Bern Williams
- “Puppies are nature’s remedy for feeling unloved, plus numerous other ailments of life.” –Richard Allan Palm
Rescue Dog, Animal Shelter, & Stray Dog Quotes
- “If you can’t decide between a Shepherd, a Setter or a Poodle, get them all.. adopt a mutt!” –ASPCA
- Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms.
- “I rescued a human today.” -Janine Allen
- “It is rewarding beyond words to rescue a dog from the shelter and have that dog become part of your family.” -Jenna Morasca
- “Everybody ought to have a shelter dog. It’s smart for the soul.” -Paul Shaffer
- Second-hand animals make first-hand pets.
- She had no particular breed in mind, no unusual requirements. Except for the special sense of mutual recognition that tells dogs and humans, they have both come to the right place. –Lloyd Alexander
- Don’t litter. Spay & neuter your pets.
- “The intelligence of a Poodle and the loyalty of a Lassie. The bark of a Shepherd and the heart of a Saint Bernard. The spots of a Dalmatian, the size of a Schnauzer, and the speed of a Greyhound. A genuine, All-American Mutt has it all.” -ASPCA
Amazing Dog Quotes
- “Life is a series of dogs.” -George Carlin
- “No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you feel rich.” -Louis Sabin
- “One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you’re feeling blue is that he doesn’t try to find out why.” -Robert Falcon Scott
- “To err is human. To forgive, canine.”
- “Some of our greatest historical and artistic treasures we place with curators in museums; others we take for walks.” –Roger Caras
- “People leave imprints on our lives, shaping who we become in much the same way that a symbol is pressed into the page of a book to tell you who it comes from. Dogs, however, leave paw prints on our lives and our souls, which are as unique as fingerprints in every way.” -Ashley Lorenzana
- “My fashion philosophy is if you’re not covered in dog hair, your life is empty.” -Elayne Boosler
- “The dog who meets with a good master is the happier of the two.” -Maurice Maeterlinck
- “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don’t know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring it was peace.” -Milan Kundera
- “Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and filling an emptiness we didn’t even know we had.” -Thom Jones
- “If the kindest souls were rewarded with the longest lives, dogs would outlive us all.”
- “When we adopt a dog or any pet, we know it is going to end with us having to say goodbye, but we still do it. And we do it for a very good reason: They bring so much joy and optimism and happiness. They attack every moment of every day with that attitude.” -W. Bruce Cameron
- “Everyone thinks they have the best dog. And none of them are wrong.” -W.R. Purche
- “The time to save is now. When a dog gets a bone, he doesn’t go out and make a down payment on a bigger bone. He buries the one he’s got.” -Will Rogers
- “Slowly, Anna put up a hand to his muzzle and began to scratch that spot behind the ear where large dogs keep their souls.” Eva Ibbotson (A Countess Below Stairs author)
- “Scratch a dog and you’ll find a permanent job.” -Franklin P. Jones
- “It’s no coincidence that man’s best friend cannot talk.”
- “I class myself with Rin Tin Tin. At the end of the Depression, people were perhaps looking for something to cheer them up. They fell in love with a dog, and with a little girl.” –Shirley Temple
- “Dog movies nowadays are not what dog movies were 50 or even 10 years ago. For one thing, the dogs have become better actors.” -Benjamin Cheever
- “If I could be half the person my dog is, I’d be twice the human I am.” -Charles Yu
- “You can’t have too much dog in a book.” -Gail Honeyman (Eleanor Oliphant Is a Completely Fine author)
- “Youth will be served, every dog has his day, and mine has been a fine one.” -George Borrow
- “’Meow’ means ‘woof’ in cat.” -George Carlin
- “A dog is the only thing that can mend a crack in your broken heart.” -Judy Desmond
- “The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be.” -Konrad Lorenz
- “When an eighty-five-pound mammal licks your tears away, then tries to sit on your lap, it’s hard to feel sad.” -Kristan Higgins
- “A dog is one of the few things in life, that is exactly what it seems.” -Mark J. Asher
- “Dogs own space and cats own time.” Nicola Griffith (Hild)
- “Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.” -Orhan Pamuk
- “Dogs got personality. Personality goes a long way.” -Quentin Tarantino
- “When you adopt a dog, you have a lot of very good days and one very bad day.” -Bruce Cameron
- “A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before lying down.” -Robert Benchley
- “The dog lives for the day, the hour, even the moment.” -Robert Falcon Scott
- “Dogs are very comforting when your world has exploded.” -Robin McKinley
- “If you don’t own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life.” -Roger Caras
- “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” -Roger Caras
- “The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too.” -Samuel Butler
- “A dog is one of the remaining reasons why some people can be persuaded to go for a walk.” -O. A. Battista
- “A dog is a bond between strangers.”
- “Dogs live in the present. Every turn of a corner is the opportunity for a clean slate. Every bounce of a ball brings joy and the promise of a fresh chase.” -Steven Rowley
- “Every white hair is one day of experience in being the very best friend you’ve ever had.” -Jaymi Heimbuch
- “I guess you don’t really own a dog, you rent them, and you have to be thankful that you had a long lease.” -Joe Garagiola
- “Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain’t the lead dog, the scenery never changes.” -Lewis Grizzard
- “Every dog is a lion at home.” -Henry George Bohn
- “People always joke that ‘dog’ spells ‘god’ backward. They should consider that it might be the higher power coming down to see just how well they do, what kind of people they are. The animals are right here, right in front of us. And how we treat these companion is a test.” -Linda Blair
- “Anybody who doesn’t know what soap tastes like never washed a dog.” -Franklin P. Jones
- “In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog.”
- “Call it fate, call it love, all I knew was I was meant to be his dog.” -Edward Hoagland
Dog Mom Quotes, Sayings, & Captions (Funny, Cute, and Clever For Instagram + Facebook)
- If you want the best seat in the house, you’ll have to move the dog.
- Keep calm and pet a dog.
- Live. Laugh. Bark.
- Distracted by dogs.
- No home is complete without the pitter-patter of doggy feet.
- Who rescued who?
- Namast’ay home with my dog.
- Sorry I’m late, my dog was sitting on me.
- The best therapist has fur and four legs.
- I would rather be at home with my dog.
- Son of my mom! -Dog
- Checking out your dog, not you.
- I work hard so my dog can have a better life.
- Being a dog mom is my happily ever after.
- Looking for the right person to raise my dog with.
- Beware of the dog’s mama.
- There are only 2 things I can’t resist: my dog and my other dog.
- I’m kinda a big deal to my dog.
- Proud dog mom.
- Dog mother, wine lover.
- You had me at woof.
- If I can’t bring my dog, I’m not going.
- It’s not really drinking alone if the dog is home.
- Fur sure.
- Making it barkworthy.
- You’re rebarkable.
- You can’t tell me what to do- you’re not my dog.
- Motivated by caffeine and canines.
- Dog hair is just fur-fetti.
- I just want to be a stay-at-home dog mom.
- A dog mom’s sunshine doesn’t come from the sky, it comes from the love in her dog’s eyes.
- I work hard so my dog doesn’t have to wear the same outfit every day.
- Love the earth. It’s the only planet with dogs.
- Service human- do not pet.
- Tell your dog I said hi.
- First, they steal your heart. Then they steal your bed.
- A dog mom’s heartbeat is at her feet.
- Walking a dog on a long leash is really just flying a ground kite.
- Friendly Dog. Beware of the owner.
- A dog mom’s goal in life is to be as good of a person as her dog already thinks she is.
- Dogs are my favorite people.
- Less people, more dogs.
- It’s OK if you don’t like my dog, not everyone has good taste.
- Choosing a dog may be the only chance you get to pick a relative.
- Dogs over dudes.
- Sorry, I can’t tonight. My dog and I have plans.
- If I trust you with my dog, I trust you with my life.
- “It’s just a dog.” First of all, that’s my child.
- When I needed a hand, I found your paw.
- Love is a four-legged word.
- The road to a dog mom’s heart is paved with paw prints.
- I wonder what my dog named me.
- You miss 100% of the dogs you don’t pet.
- My dog is my roommate.
- If being a crazy dog mom is wrong, then I don’t want to be right.
- God gave me two hands so I could pet two dogs at the same time.
- Whoever said diamonds are a girl’s best friend never had a dog.
- When I yell at my dog to stop barking I wonder if they’re like, “Awesome! We are barking together!”
- Classy mother pupper.
- Those who wonder with dogs are never lost.
- Life is short. Spoil your dog.
- Dog hair don’t care.
- Dog hair is my glitter.
- There is only one dangerous breed – Humans.
- The journey of life is best traveled with a dog.
- I kissed a dog and I liked it.
- Live like someone left the gate open.
- Howl you doin.
- Trust me, I’m a dog-tor
- My pup is the most pup-ular dog at the park.
- Dog mom full-time, part-time pup-arazzi.
- See you on the bark side.
- Remember to put the car in bark.
- You’re barking up the wrong tree.
- I like big mutts and I cannot lie.
- Don’t mess with a dog mom. They are a little ruff around the edges.
- My love is fur real.
- It’s the leash I can do.
- Oh, paw-lease.
- The paw-ty has arrived.
- Keep it paws-itive!
- No home decor is complete without dog hair.
President Dog Quotes
- “A lot of shelter dogs are mutts like me.” -Barack Obama
- “You want a friend in Washington? Get a dog.” -Harry Truman
- “What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight it’s the size of the fight in the dog.” -Dwight Eisenhower
- “How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Saying that a tail is a leg doesn’t make it a leg.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.” -Woodrow Wilson
- “Sometimes I feel like a fire hydrant looking at a pack of dogs.” –Bill Clinton
Historical Figure Dog Quotes
- “If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” -Mark Twain
- “If you are a host to your guest, be a host to his dog also.” -Russian Proverb
- “His name is Rufus II—but the II is silent.” -Winston Churchill
- “I’ve seen a look in dogs’ eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically, dogs think humans are nuts.” -John Steinbeck
- “A dog has the soul of a philosopher.” -Plato
- “Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people…” -Sigmund Freud
- “The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backward so that he can breathe without letting go.” –Winston Churchill
- “If a man aspires towards a righteous life, his first act of abstinence is from injury to animals.” -Albert Einstein
- “The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.” –Charles de Gaulle
- “Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.” -Mark Twain
- “Let sleeping dogs lie.” -Robert Walpole (first Prime Minister of Great Britain)
- “I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.” -Winston S. Churchill
Funny Dog Quotes
- “I love a dog. He does nothing for political reasons.” – Will Rogers
- “I’m a mog. Half man, half dog. I’m my own best friend.” –John Candy
- Taking a dog named “Shark” to beach is a bad idea.
- “I don’t eat anything that a dog won’t eat. Like sushi. Ever see a dog eat sushi? He just sniffs it and says, “I don’t think so.” And this is an animal that licks between its legs and sniffs fire hydrants.” –Billiam Coronel
- “What does a dog do on his day off? He can’t lie around – that’s his job.” –George Carlin
- “We have a queen-size bed, and the dog sleeps in the middle. John and I are sort of these little quotation marks on either corner.” – Rachael Ray
- “The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.” – Ambrose Bierce
- “Dogs have boundless enthusiasm but no sense of shame. I should have a dog as a life coach.” -Moby
- “The more boys I meet, the more I love my dog.” -Carrie Underwood
- “I knew I was dog meat. Luckily, I’m the high-priced dog meat that everybody wants. I’m the good-quality dog meat. I’m the Alpo of the NBA.” -Shaquille O’Neal
- “Some days you’re the dog; some days you’re the hydrant.”
- “If a dog’s prayers were answered, bones would rain from the sky.” – Proverb
- “Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.” -Groucho Marx
- “It all started when my dog began getting free roll over minutes.” -Jay London
- “My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That’s almost $21.00 in dog money.” Joe Weinstein
- “If you think dogs can’t count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then give him only two of them.” -Phil Pastoret
- “Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog’s face he gets mad at you? But when you take him in a car, he sticks his head out the window.” -Steve Bluestone
- ”Dogs lead a nice life. You never see a dog with a wristwatch.” – George Carlin
- “If you’re uncomfortable around my dog, I’m happy to lock you in the other room when you come over.”
- “I once decided not to date a guy because he wasn’t excited to meet my dog. I mean, this was like not wanting to meet my mother.” -Bonnie Schacter
- “Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses.” -Elizabeth Taylor
- “I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he’s gone.” -Steven Wright
- “Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that is how dogs spend their lives.” -Sue Murphy
- “Any time you think you have influence, try ordering around someone else’s dog.” -The Cockle
- “Meow” means “woof” in cat.”
- “Old Yeller was bought for 3 dollars from a shelter; his real name was Spike.” -World Features Syndicate
- “The dog has been going through a rough pooch lately.”
Keepin’ It Real Dog Quotes
- “Those who teach humanity aren’t always human.” -W.R. Purche
- “Intelligent dogs rarely want to please people whom they do not respect.” -W.R. Koehler
- “Dogs never bite me. Just humans.” -Marilyn Monroe
- “I’m suspicious of people who don’t like dogs, but I trust a dog when it doesn’t like a person.” -Bill Murray
- “A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog when you are just as hungry as the dog.” -Jack London
- “You don’t realize how much a dog’s presence defines the contours of your home until, in its absence, the walls seem to relocate themselves.” -Meghan Daum
- “Dogs are better than human beings because they know but do not tell.”
- “Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog!” -Charles F. Doran
- “If your dog is fat, YOU need more exercise.”
Black Dog Quotes
- Black is the new black. Adopt.
- October 1st is Black Dog Day and black is the new color of love.
- “Can you see me now? black dogs and cats are invisible’ at shelters, killed at far higher rates than pets of other colors. please don’t overlook them.” -Ellen Graben
- On this black dog day, spread the positive message of adopting dogs irrespective of their colors. I hope you’ll spend a great day ahead with your dog.
- Often, darker shade dogs are ignored and do not get adopted because of their color. This black dog day, make people aware of adopting dogs irrespective of their color.
Cesar Milan Quotes
- “I’ll believe it if I see it” for dogs translates to “I’ll believe it if I smell it.” So don’t bother yelling at them; it’s the energy and scent they pay attention to, not your words.”
- “Being around animals, I am always reminded that the only real moment in life is now.”
- “In choosing a dog to share your life, you have an incredible opportunity to form a powerful bond with a member of another species.”
- “Puppies and kids naturally go together, but it’s up to the adults to teach them how to do it the right way.”
- “It becomes very obvious, by reading a dog, how stable or unstable his human companion is. Our dogs are our mirrors.”
- “I believe in integrity. Dogs have it. Humans are sometimes lacking it.”
- “Dogs do know how comfortable you are with yourself, how happy you are, how fearful you are, and what is missing inside of you.”
- “In the 70’s they blamed the Dobermans. In the 80’s they blamed the German Shepherds. In the 90’s they blamed the Rottweilers. Now they blame the Pit Bull. When will they blame the humans?”
Dog Tail Quotes
- “Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails.” -Max Eastman
- “A dog can express more with his tail in minutes than an owner can express with his tongue in hours.” –
- “If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail.” -Fran Lebowitz
- “As an adult, my hero is my dog, Mouse. He is so friendly to everyone he meets. He wags his tail and loves everyone, like Jesus!” -Sara Pascoe
- “When you study a dog you love, you find beauty in every small detail, and so it is with Lucille: I have become enchanted by the small asymmetrical whorls of white fur on either side of her chest, and by her tail, which she carries in a highly confident curve, and by her eyes, which are watchful and intelligent, the color of chestnuts.” -Caroline Knapp
- “Every dog has his day unless he loses his tail, then he has a weak-end.” -June Carter Cash
- “Be thou comforted, little dog, Thou too in Resurrection shall have a little golden tail.” -Martin Luther
- “Money will buy a pretty good dog, but it won’t buy the wag of his tail.” -Josh Billings
- “In times of joy, all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag.” -W. H. Auden
- “After years of having a dog, you know him. You know the meaning of his snuffs and grunts and barks. Every twitch of the ears is a question or statement, every wag of the tail is an exclamation.” -Robert R. McCammon (Boy’s Life)
Dog Movie, Television, & Book Quotes
- “Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day.” -John Grogan (author, Marley & Me)
- “The press is a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can’t be right all the time. He doesn’t bark only when he sees or smells something that’s dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” -Dan Rather
- “At what point did you forget that we are trying to take over the world?” -Cats & Dogs
- “All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. For, after all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog.” -Charles M. Schulz (Snoopy cartoonist)
- “All dogs go to heaven because, unlike people, dogs are naturally good and loyal and kind.” -All Dogs Go to Heaven
- “I was haunted by trainers going ‘Up, up, up, get up.’ You find yourself picking your head up and then realizing, They aren’t talking to me.” -Jeff Daniels, about shooting the film 101 Dalmatians
- “And then there’s the personal question so many of Lassie’s fans want to ask: Is he allowed on the furniture? Of course, he is but, then, he’s the one who paid for it.” -Julia Glass +Lassie
- Lt. Frankie Reno: “Why are you teaching the dogs Shakespeare?” Colonel Kane: “Someone’s got to do it.” -The Ninth Configuration
- “So, in all my lives as a dog, here’s what I’ve learned. Have fun, obviously. Whenever possible, find someone to save, and save them. Lick the ones you love. Don’t get all sad-faced about what happened and scrunchy-faced about what could. Just be here now.” –A Dogs Purpose
- “Dogs rule and cats drool.” -Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Francisco
- “I’ve lived in this city all my life. I’m Max. And I’m the luckiest dog in New York because of her. That’s Katie. Katie and I, well, we have the perfect relationship. We met a few years ago and, boy, let me tell ya’, we got along right away. You know, it was one of those relationships where… where you just know.” -The Secret Life of Pets
- “You know I don’t speak Spanish.” (while his dog barks at him) -Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy
- “SQUIRREL!” -Up
- “I have a super bark.” -Bolt
- Lewis: “Why is your dog wearing glasses?” Grandpa Bud: “Oh, because his insurance won’t pay for contacts.” -Meet the Robinsons
- “Dr. John Dolittle: “Shut up. You’re a dog. Dogs cannot talk!” Lucky: “What the hell do you think barking is, an involuntary spasm?” -Dr. Dolittle (1998)
- “You wouldn’t put Ted, Ryce or Emily in a kennel, and Beethoven’s our cousin too!” (talking to parents debating whether or not they should bring their dog on vacation) –Beethoven’s 3rd
- Lou the Beagle: “I’ve never met a stray.” Ivy: “Actually, I prefer ‘domestically challenged'” -Cats & Dogs
- “Yesterday I was a dog. Today I’m a dog. Tomorrow I’ll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There’s so little hope for advancement” -Snoopy Peanuts
- “Best judge of character is a dog. I’ve found that to be true.” -Knives Out
- “From that moment on, the girl was a member of our pack. I liked her. Plus she smelled like biscuits.” –A Dogs Purpose
- “You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog who loves him.” -A Dog’s Journey
- “We each had to spend a week out at Lassie’s ranch, and whoever got along best with the dog got the part.” -Tommy Rettig on Lassie
- “A dog doesn’t care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he’ll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?” -Marley & Me
Breed-Specific Dog Quotes and Puns
Pug Quotes and Captions
- Pugs only need two things in life, to sit in your lap, and to eat. If they can do both, then that’s even better.”
- People who hate dogs are re-pug-nant.
- “The pug is living proof that God has a sense of humor.” –Margot Kaufman
- Living the Pug Life.
- I puggin love you.
- Pug off.
- The puggle is real.
- “As a wise Pug once said, all you need is love, kibble and a de-worming tablet every three to six months.” -Gemma Correll
- It’s hard not to brag when your dog is so puggin‘ awesome.
- I left the room for one minute and my pug got to my pizza. It’s now a pug-aroni pizza.
- The best thing about my dog is that every time I come home, he showers me with pugs and kisses.
- Oh no! Not the bed pugs again…
- Pugs not drugs.
- How doodle you do?
- Life is golden with a doodle.
- Welcome doods!
Shih Tzu Quotes
- Let’s get shih-faced.
- I shih tzu not.
- I don’t give two shih tzus.
Dachshund and Hot Dog Quotes
- “You’ve got to have, like, a lentil for a soul to hate wiener dogs.” -Laini Taylor
- “Why do dachshunds wear their ears inside out?” -P.G. Wodehouse
- “The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog; it feeds the hands that bite it.”
- Dachshund through the snow.
- Do you know what dogs *are* inbred? Hotdogs.
- For breakfast, my dog loves a beagle and schmear.
- This is a mastiff (massive)-sized dog.
- “He seems to be fully aware of the impression which his large size makes on every stranger; and, in the night especially, he watches the abode his master with the completest vigilance.” ~William Youatt
- Quit hounding me.
- You’re such a mal-tease.
Cocker Spaniel Quotes
- “Every time I told my cocker spaniel, Taffy, my very first dog, that we were going for a walk, she would launch into a celebratory dance that ended with her racing around the room, always clockwise, and faster and faster, as if her joy could not be possibly contained. Even as a young boy I knew that hardly any creature could express joy so vividly as a dog.” – Jeffrey Masson
- Hey Corgeous!
- You have the corg-key to my heart.
- Shh, I’m in-corg-nito.
- “Whippets: They look like they are either embarking upon or just recovering from an intense drug habit.” -Knox Mccoy
- When a problem comes along, you must Whippet.
German Shepherd Quotes
- “I never thought of myself as being a genius. I don’t know what genius is. I think a far better expression is a retriever, a lovely strong golden retriever that brings things back from the past, or retrieves things from our common blood memory.” -Martha Graham
Labrador Retriever Quotes
- Labrador Retriever: The All-American, apple pie-sniffing dog next door.
- What’s a dog’s favorite activity to do in school? Lab reports!
- Don’t stop retrieving.
- My Labrador retriever had a nervous breakdown. I kept throwing him a boomerang. –Nick Arnette
Husky Quotes and Captions
- Siberian Huskies: Those eyes tho.
- “Was a clear, pale blue like the eyes of a Siberian husky dog. Human beings just didn’t have eyes like that.” -Laurell K. Hamilton
- He’s not fat. He’s just a little husky.
Border Collie Quotes
- “At the end of the day, a Border Collie reported back to the rancher, ‘All 50 sheep accounted for, boss!’ ‘Wait, I only have 48 sheep!’ he replied. ‘I know,’ said the dog, ‘but I rounded them up.'”
- If you don’t have work for a border collie or time to train it properly, your bright young border collie will invent his own work, and chances are you won’t like it. -Donald McCaig
- Where do dogs like to surf? Colliefornia!
- I’ll collie you later.
- Collie Me Maybe?
- Collie-fornia Love.
- The dog was so sad, he was a mellon Collie.
- Let’s go south of the border collie.
- “You fight like a poodle.” -Cats and Dogs
- “My dog is half pit-bull, half poodle. Not much of a watchdog, but a vicious gossip.” –Craig Shoemaker
- “Even the tiniest poodle is lionhearted, ready to do anything to defend home, master, and mistress.” -Louis Sabin
- I don’t know that we ever overcome doubt. We just have to remember that it’s more than likely a poodle in the bushes and not a grizzly bear.” -Michael McDonald
- “I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.” -Rita Rudner
- It was raining cats and dogs, and I fell in a poodle. -Charles A. Murray
- “They’re not poodles, they’re art.” -Rachael Leigh Cook
- What do you call naked poodles? Noodles.
- “I know that dogs are pack animals, but it is difficult to imagine a pack of standard poodles… and if there was such a thing as a pack of standard poodles, where would they rove to? Bloomingdale’s?” –Yvonne Clifford
- I have the street smarts and survival skills of, like, a poodle.” -Jennifer Lawrence
- “Pomeranians speak only to Poodles and Poodles speak only to God.” -Charles Kuralt
- ”They live and die for us. The Pit Bull deserves our utmost respect to be that loyal. We should all aspire to be more like the Pit Bull. Wearing our hearts on our sleeves, loyal to a fault and willing to die for those we love.”
- “The only thing inherently dangerous about pit bulls is an uneducated opinion.”
- “Every breed of dog can be aggressive. It’s time to stop blaming the wrong end of the leash.”
- “It’s true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on, but they grab and hold on to your heart, NOT your arm.”
- “Once you go pit, you never quit.”
- “Ban ignorance, not Pit Bulls.”
- I don’t give a pit.
- Pit happens.
- No pit-y here, I love my pits.
- No pit, Sherlock.
- When you realize you have a real-life puffball in your house.
- “Oh, my God! It’s a killer Pomeranian.” I glanced up at Derek. “It’s a tough call, but I think you can take him.” -Kelley Armstrong
- “Why not be oneself? That is the whole secret of a successful appearance. If one is a greyhound, why try to look like a Pekingese?” -Edith Sitwell
- “He looks like a greyhound, but he runs like a bus.” -George Brett
- “In a dog eat dog economy, the Doberman is boss.” -Franklin Joes
- The car is unlocked, keys are under the Doberman.
- “The typical large company has a compensation committee, They don’t look for Dobermans on that committee, they look for chihuahuas.” -Warren Buffett
German Shepherd Instagram Captions and Quotes
- “Oh, I usually pray in Spanish, speak French to my boyfriend, curse in Dutch, and talk German to my German Shepherd.”
- “My German Shepherd can run 40 yards in 4 seconds. Want to try your luck?”
- “I was thinking of getting a German Shepherd once, but I didn’t want to learn another language just to have a dog.”
- “The German shepherds are so smart that they understand every language you speak, not just German.”
- “Okay. Roz is strong. She’s confident and loyal. She’s there when I need her. “Congratulations,” I mumbled. “Sounds like you’re dating a German shepherd.” -Jus Accardo
- “I like extremely effeminate dogs like terriers or schnauzers. I make an exception for giant schnauzers and big poodles. Basically, I like dogs which can be dyed day-glo colors.” -Jonathan Meades
- Fox-terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs. -Jerome K.
- Most of the dogs have owners with them. But the bull terriers have staff under them.
- “I could no more define poetry than a terrier can define a rat.” -A. E. Housman
- “Terriers are problem solvers. They’ll do what you tell them, but only if it happens to be in line with what they wanted to do anyway.” -Garth Stein
- Pardon my French.
- Mistakes happen. No need to terrier-self up about it.
Cocker Spaniel Quotes
- What do you get when you cross a cocker spaniel, a poodle, and a rooster? A cockerpoodledoo.
- “He learns a bit more slowly than a shepherd dog, but what he learns he knows forever. The Rottweiler is a very fine character dog, but not everybody is suitable for this type of dog.” -Resi Gerritsen
Golden Retriever Quotes
- Try throwing a ball just once for a dog. It would be like eating only one peanut or potato chip. Try to ignore the importuning of a Golden Retriever who has brought you his tennis ball, the greatest treasure he possesses. -Roger Caras
Jack Russel Quotes
- “A Jack Russell terrier? My god. He’ll burn you up. They never stop. A German shepherd, you can only go so many miles.” -George Foreman
- “A Chihuahua. They’re good. If you lose one, just empty out your purse.” -Jean Carroll
- “I’m going to go with Chihuahua, just because I can’t think of anything more frightening than a giant Chihuahua.” -Ira Glass
- “The chihuahua and the pink velour tracksuit. I think it’s kind of an iconic look.” -Alexa Chung
- “Even the tiniest Poodle or Chihuahua is still a wolf at heart.” -Dorothy Hinshaw
- “She’s getting quite used to jumping into limos.” -Sue Chipperton (trainer of Gidget, the Taco Bell Chihuahua)
- The Dalmatian hid from people because he didn’t want to be spotted.
- “You seriously have a Dalmatian? Is that, like, mandatory for a firefighter?” -Dawn Altieri
- “Huskies get in trouble. Huskies are well-known to be escape artists. Why? Because they were bred to go long-distance. They’re not bred to be in the backyard and just look beautiful because they have blue eyes.”
- My dog’s not fat. He’s just a little husky.
- Husky Motto: Play Hard… Love Unconditionally.
- If you look into a Huskies eyes.. he’ll show you his soul.
- “If you tell my Sheltie to jump off of a cliff, he will obediently do so. If you tell my Siberian to jump off of a cliff, he will say “After you, Mom.” Now you tell me, which dog is smarter?”
Can’t get enough of the dog mom love? Check out our post ’41 Dog Mom Quotes That Captions Your Heart and Instagram.’